When choosing rowing machines for exercise, durability, and versatility should be the top two concerns for people. Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine is one of the best quality rowers in the market.
Many times we buy rowing machines thinking it will take care of our exercising needs but the results of rowing are not according to our expectations.
To crack the ideal deal, we need to identify our exercising goals and select a machine accordingly. If you guys are looking for a full range cardio-vascular workout, you can choose to buy concept2 Model D Indoor rowing machine.
I’ll be discussing the features, advantage points and downsides of the machine in my review of this product.
Features of Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine
I mentioned earlier that this machine is good for cardio-vascular workouts.
The Concept2 Model D Rower focuses exclusively on your arms and legs. Its fluid motion technology provides smooth rowing experience to people.
Seeing the range of benefits it provides, are you curious about the price? Well, all I can tell you is that the machine is a lot less expensive than the Model E of the same manufacturers.
The Way the Machine is Built
It is built with Aluminum and Steel Alloy. This grants sturdiness to the machine. The seats are well cushioned for your comfort. What interested me is the textured rubber grip system that comes with the handles.
The system prevents your hand from Slipping up. The unique construction allows the users to burn 300 to 500 units of calorie inside an hour.
The Display Unit
The monitor of Concept2 is probably the best in the world of the rowing machine. The way Model D Rower from Concept2 is optimized, the monitor makes the perfect addition to the unit. It has all the vital details accounted for related with rowing.
The stats it shows include: The stroke count, the distance rowed, the time you take to complete your strokes, the calories you burn etc.
This monitor gives you the privilege of storing your data over several workout sessions. You can transfer the data to your PC with a USB cord that is supplied.
You can compare the stats by uploading them to myfitnesspal.com as well. The resolution of the monitor is 160X160 which lets you see your results from a distance.
Pros of Concept2 Model D
- The materials that go into building this machine give it the edge. With aluminum on the inside and steel on the out, it is one of the sturdiest machines around.
- Air Resistance gives you a great workout experience.
- Equipped with a Chest Strap to monitor the heartbeat of yours.
- The Machine has a high-performance P4 Monitor to show you your stats well.
- Caster wheels in front make it extremely mobile and easy to carry around.
- Easy to clean and maintain. Basically, only a wet and dump cloth is necessary to clean the rower.
Cons This product Has
- The only blemish I could find is that it has a lowered seat compared to its competition. That makes it a worry for the senior citizens.
- Also, people suffering from lower back problems, are better off without this rower.
The concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine is close to being a perfect rower if not one. It has fantastic features to attract the attention of the customers and fitness freaks.
This machine offers you 2 years’ warranty on the parts and 5 years’ warranty on the frame. Plus, it comes with the expensive price but it is affordable considering the features that it offers.
You can also look for cheaper models if you want but nothing beats a rower from Concept2.